Copyright Information

The information herein is copyright to Rev. John Franklin, and may be used only by permission. Contact: revfranklin@me.com

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Grace of God

Have you ever wondered at the grace of God? Ever stood back, taken a good look, and allowed yourself to be 'wowed' by His perfect timing and provision?

Have you ever found yourself having to apologize to the God who made you for ever doubting Him in the first place?

I am reminded of the Apostle Thomas, who demanded to actually feel the crucifixion wounds of Christ in Jesus' living, breathing, resurrected body before he would believe that Christ was indeed alive. Do you remember what Thomas said when confronted with the risen Jesus face to face?

Thomas, confronted by Jesus Himself, simply says, "My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28, NASB).

I've been there... haven't you?

All of life seems to be crashing in around you; faith is challenged to its very core; and then Jesus is simply, suddenly, and without exception IN COMPLETE CONTROL. Suddenly you realize that this was always the case. A wash of realization pours over your spirit and there are really very few things to say.

For as much grief as we give the Apostle Thomas, I think he gave as good of a response as plausible given his situation. Don't forget, the other apostles all had the benefit of seeing and experiencing the risen Christ before him. In that upper room, even though his faith had been weak, he got it right when he said, "My Lord and my God!"

Can we learn from Thomas' lack of faith? Of course we can. Should we at least try to do as well as he did... I believe it is a loftier goal than we might like to admit.

The unfailing grace of the Almighty God. Now that's something to write home about!

In the peace of Christ,

Pastor John

1 comment:

  1. What a great word, Son. There are two people in the NT that I identify with in many ways. Peter and Thomas. Oh, that I could identify in all ways because these two had it right on.!!! Not spiritual supermen to begin with, but oh how they finished. Thanks for reminding me today of the heros that have gone before us that we can learn from and emulate as we walk this pilgrim pathway

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments with me! I look forward to hearing how God is moving and shaping your life even as He is mine!