Copyright Information

The information herein is copyright to Rev. John Franklin, and may be used only by permission. Contact: revfranklin@me.com

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Last Meeting of the Day

Wouldn't you know it, but the best was saved for last!

Thursdays are normally "one of those days."  Ultra busy, and sweeping up all the week's work, I start early with morning prayers, and then try to get everything done before coming home to the hugs and blessings of my wife and children... but today I ended up having one last meeting that I just could not deny.

We sat and had lolly-pops together, roaring competitions, and recited stories of dragons and mice and castles.  My mind wondered as I sang about old oak groves, and I couldn't resist taking a picture or two of my last two, and very much the most important, "church members" of the day.  We talked about how Jesus supplies our needs, and about friends along the trail of following the path of Christ in this crazy adventure we call pastoring; we sang another song to each other until I began to be regaled with cheers and stories... and more cheers and amazingly entertaining antics and tales from the beautiful brown pooled eyes looking back at me.

The last meeting of the day... today it was the best one.

Go figure... such are so often the blessings of the Almighty God.

In the peace of Christ,

Pastor John

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of the kids!! Thank you for "meeting" with them while I cooked dinner!

    It was also a great treat for me to watch you guys from inside the house. They love you so!

    you're the love of my life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments with me! I look forward to hearing how God is moving and shaping your life even as He is mine!