Copyright Information

The information herein is copyright to Rev. John Franklin, and may be used only by permission. Contact: revfranklin@me.com

Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Psalm of the Reverend Husband

My bride has spoken from her seat
From the seat of power has her voice been heard
From the center of unending cacophony I heard her speaking
From the place of unending joy and noise she spoke her oracle:

"Three things does your bride desire,
Indeed four desires the mother of your children this day:

That I might know the adoration of the generations
and the solace of temporary silence.
That I might live in magnificent delight
but retreat to the solace of the spa.
That I might dwell in the voices of my children
but inherit the peace of the coffee house.
That I might know the simplicity of hands that toil
but take joy in the sparkle of the adornment of my husband."

Three things, indeed four
And I heard her voice from the place of glory
From the seat of the Mommy Desk did I hear her heart
and it was so.
Let her reward be the reward of heros,
And her garland that of conquering heros;
For she raises the young, bearing not the sword,
but with fierce love has she raised them;
and with the heart of God has she loved us all!

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Babe! I can't wait to have my free time, but the ring will be my pride & joy in the morning! I hope everyone notices it new shininess!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments with me! I look forward to hearing how God is moving and shaping your life even as He is mine!