Copyright Information

The information herein is copyright to Rev. John Franklin, and may be used only by permission. Contact: revfranklin@me.com

Monday, May 31, 2010

Remembering

This morning, the offices closed for Memorial Day, I slept late. I woke to the gleeful sounds of my children playing and the beauty of my bride next to me. I woke and rested and was at peace... and as I did, today I remembered that this peace was born of much war and sacrifice.

It has become axiomatic that a certain level of blood, sweat and tears are required for the job I do as a pastor, and that these are seldom seen. How much more for the blood, sweat and tears of the battlefields around the world whereon our soldiers have fought and died to keep freedom's peace at home. The uniforms we see are pressed and in regulation order. The medals shine with the gleam of parades and concerts, but that is not where freedom is won. It is won in places of pain that men and women try to forget; but far be it from us that we should forget the pain they so willingly took on our behalf.

Today, if you see a soldier, see the mud, the blood, the sweat and the tears behind the peace of the current context of enjoyment. See the pain that purchased freedom and say 'thank you.'

Today, and hopefully all days, let us remember.

In the peace of Christ,

Pastor John

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments with me! I look forward to hearing how God is moving and shaping your life even as He is mine!