Copyright Information

The information herein is copyright to Rev. John Franklin, and may be used only by permission. Contact: revfranklin@me.com

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Big Feet, Little Feet... and what we Leave Behind

This morning, I accepted the awesome challenge of hanging out with JeeP while Penny spoke at a conference. We loaded up, took Jordan to school in the Jeep, and then he and I went to City Park. Now I'm one of those weird ducks who loves his job and his calling, so as JeeP often puts up with having to come to the office on my day off, turn about was fair-play this morning.

We ran, we played, and we talked... and along the way, I snapped a few pictures.

One of the last pics happened when he wanted me to stand where he had stood. We stood together, and wanting to capture the moment, I looked down with my camera-phone and snapped the picture.

What I saw in the screen really preached the sermon. Big feet, little feet... and the trail I leave for him to follow.

I tell the congregation often that "we're all just a bunch of screwed up people trying to screw up less"... we're forgiven, redeemed, and doing everything we can to live up to that status! In life, I have found that my imperfections seem to crescendo as I follow Christ the more. Sometimes it's not fun to see, but reality is as it is, and no-one is perfect, especially me. But today, the little feet that live after mine, tell a tale of hope.

Some days, that's enough. There are so many things at which he will be greater than I am... some things at which we'll mirror one another completely... some arenas of life will find us completely different; but in all things, his feet have come from mine. Oh that my feet have led him to Jesus; to the cross which pays the price for our souls and the empty tomb which declares His power. Oh that our feet will follow His path together.

Every night, I tell my children that they will be greater than I am. In so many ways, they already are and just don't know it yet... but I see it. I hope one day they get to know the joy they have brought me today.

May the peace of Christ invade from all angles this day and always!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments with me! I look forward to hearing how God is moving and shaping your life even as He is mine!