Copyright Information

The information herein is copyright to Rev. John Franklin, and may be used only by permission. Contact: revfranklin@me.com

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

IN-TI-MATE Score Card

IN-TI-MATE SCORE CARD

Rev. John Franklin, all rights reserved, June 2010, e-mail: revfranklin@me.com, www.arevsblog.blogspot.com

The IN-TI-MATE SCORE CARD is based off of the Sermon Series in the Song of Solomon by Rev. John Franklin. For copies of the 11 part series, contact John @ revfranklin@me.com. John & Penny are also available for Solomon Retreats using the IN-TI-MATE format.

Each question is worth ten (10) points. There are a possible two hundred points from the combined seven sections. If you’re married, take the plunge, then sit down and talk it through with your spouse. You’ll see some things that you need to change… that’s ok, just change them; you might be surprised at the good things positive change might bring!


Section 1 – Holy Sexuality (Song of Solomon 1:1-7)

“Being consumed, or intoxicated, with that which is from God will bring to focus all that is good and holy, and set us upon the right direction for life; intoxication with that which is unholy will simply blur everything, spin us around, and point us in the wrong direction!” - Pastor John

Holiness & Sexuality Co-exist in my life: ____

I engage Holy Intoxication: ____

I avoid Unholy Intoxication: ____


Section 2 – Fighting & Celebrating (Song of Solomon 1:8-2:5)

“Fighting to defend my spouse is holy… fighting with my spouse to defend myself, well now that’s something altogether different!” - Pastor John

When I fight, it is for the defense of the one with whom I am fighting: ____

I celebrate love this many times per week: ____

I affirm love this many times per week: ____

I reserve fantasy only for my spouse: ____


Section 3 – Desire (Song of Solomon 2:6- chap. 3)

“Desire without intentionality is really kind of worthless…” - Pastor John

I desire my spouse: ____

I keep desire only for my spouse: ____

I exert intentionality into desire for my spouse: ____


Section 4 – Praise (Song of Solomon 4)

“Do you notice that Solomon not only praised his bride in their private conversations, but wrote an entire play around that praise? Maybe we should consider following suit with the great king!” -Pastor John

I praise my spouse privately: ____

I praise my spouse publicly: ____


Section 5 - Celebration (Song of Solomon 5)

“In our fear of being thought of as ‘going overboard,’ we have often times missed the opportunity to communicate extravagant worth.” -Pastor John

How overboard do you go in celebrating special events for your spouse? ____

Would your spouse say you celebrate regularly or rarely? ____

Would your spouse say you celebrate lavishly or sparingly? ____


Section 6 – Completing the Mitzvah (Song of Solomon 6)

“How can he or she know what you think about them unless you communicate it?”

-Pastor John

My spouse feels the focus of my attention: ____

I comprehend the need I have for my spouse: ____

I have communicated my need for my spouse to my spouse: ____


Section 7 – Reprise and Reflection (Song of Solomon 7-8)

“You might see some things you don’t particularly like here. That’s OK… God is in the business of working miracles for His children!” - Pastor John

I feel loved by my spouse: ____

I know the needs I fill in my spouse: ____



TOTAL: ____

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed our scoring time together last Sunday. I've been working on making improvements all week! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments with me! I look forward to hearing how God is moving and shaping your life even as He is mine!